Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blessing in disguise...

So I'm getting a presidential visit at work next week... Very exciting, but Yikes!!! Lots of work to make everything perfect. :) I am a perfectionist after all. In order to get everything in order, I schedule myself 6 days of work this week instead of my normal 5. Today is my day off. My ONE day to myself. As I am leaving the store yesterday, my co-manager says, "I wont call you tomorrow unless the store is burning down." My response: "If the store is burning down, call 911. I'll see you Wednesday." :) Anyway...it's a big surprise when I get a phone call from him at 9 am this morning!!! Needless to say...the manager that was supposed to open, hadn't shown up by 9:15 and we open at 10. YIKES!!! 911 Co-manager offered to come in at work in the morn, but knew that he wouldn't be able to get there until around 10, so I decided to jump in the car (pjs, no bra, and electrocuted hair) to at least get everything ready.

Long story short, we got everything done by 10, and around 10:30 missing manager called frantic saying he'd mixed up his schedule and was at the Dr's office while we were trying to call. He covered the managers shift that had come in for him and all was good. Now, normally I would be very pissed that I had to go into work the 1 day I had off, but I chose to look at today differently, and that is why is was fANNEtastic, :)

On my days off, I usually sleep in until around 12 or 1. Now sleeping in is nice, but this is excessive. Because I had to get up and go in to work for an hour, I chose to treat today differently. I was back at home by 10:30 and refused to get back in bed! By noon, I had paid some bills, sorted laundry, and taken Cashmere on a mile and a half run! Today was gonna be a good day! I then, took a short nap, got up, went to the grocery and decided to de-weed our lawn. What a productive day so far!! Next, I relaxed at the house, was bored and then drove to get a pedicure (best one ever, by the way. A place called Illusion, and he worked on my feet for an hour and 15 mins!!).

So here's the moral of the story. You can be pissed that your "quiet time" gets switched up, and let it ruin your day, or you can embrace the opportunity, and end up making it the best "quiet time" ever!!! I chose the 2nd option and had the best day off in months!! You should too.

Nighty Night!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment