Saturday, April 24, 2010

If I can't get a medal...I should at least get the T-shirt!

So I think the Country Music marathon hates me. Seriously!! I move almost every year and no matter where I seem to go...they run past my house. Not NEAR my house...actually on my street and pass my house. This year..my driveway was actually a water pit-stop. So without our knowledge, volunteers showed up at the crack of dawn with lawnchairs, tables, and 5 million cups! But thats not the point of the story. Here's my morning:

I've known for weeks that my road was going to be closed from 6am-noon this morning. I had to be at work at 8 so I knew that I would need to park in a different spot. This was going to be easy (or so I thought) because my next door neighbors driveway pulls out to Belmont Blvd. not Battlefield (my closed off street.) I got home from work last night, parked in their drive and went to bed. When I woke up for work and took Cashmere out for a little potty time...I saw a terrifying sight. People running down Belmont!!!! After realizing that my car was trapped, I had a mini panic attack. I then pulled myself together, called the other manager opening with me and explained that she was going to have to come get me. Mind you..the street was closed, so I was going to have to WALK to where she could pick me up.

Here's where it gets funny... I was dressed super snazzy for work (it was a Saturday afterall) in a jumpsuit, heels, and carrying a ginormous purse. The only way to get to where Courtney was waiting, was to walk WITH the runners!!!! How embarrassing! They were giving me the craziest looks a) because I was definitely NOT dressed appropriately and b) because it seemed as if I had just joined the race midway through! Even the people on the sides of the road cheering the runners along were confused! The final stage of humiliation: in order to cross the street to get in the car, I actually had to WEAVE through the runners path! So here I am, in my Party it up outfit saying "excuse me, sorry, excuse me, sorry) as I bobbed and weaved through the massive herd of people. NOT what I expected this morning!!

Anyway, I would like to say, that although this experience was NO WHERE near fANNEtastic, I do have one freakin-fantastic story to share! AND I get to say that I participated in the 2010 Country Music Marathon! So I want my shirt... Hope you got a laugh...at my expense. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you have to do more than 3 blocks to get the shirt too! :-)

    ReplyDelete